Monday, August 13, 2007

Where I'm From , We Speak Like This!

Antiguan........................................................................... Meaning in English

1. No nyum um...............................................................Do not eat it

2. Mek arwe go pong tory.............................................Let us gossip

3. Me lub you bad bad................................................I love you very, very much

4. A dey e dey...................................................................I told you so

5. A wah mek you so nuff?.........................................Why are you so proud?

6. Fix me up nice............................................................Find me something nice

7. How you a go?..............................................................What's happening?

8. Me a mek out................................................................I am not doing so bad

9. Tall...................................................................................No

10. She too science.......................................................She is acting like a lady

11. You Tack down..........................................................You are well dressed

12. She Tek in.....................................................................She passed out or fainted

13. Me no know.................................................................I do not know

14. Me gal............................................................................My girlfriend





NattyNotez

  • 365 Sandy beaches Biotches lol
  • The Heart of the Caribbean

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Antiguan lesson, I love the sound of the language and it's play on words.

jon said...

Very cool! I wish I could hear the accent!